Welcome

This is how to keep up in touch with me when I'm on my travels. Hope you like it - please give me feedback as to what you might like to see on it - or not!



Friday 8 October 2010

Meet the artist

What a lovely experience I had.

In the spring, on a walk with the local heritage group, I learned of a book of memories of a childhood in the Montagne Noire, illustrated with watercolours of the villages. I had an email address for the author so, having looked high and low for a copy without success, I emailed him telling him how it had been highly recommended to me and how hard I had tried to find it. The email bounced back.  Finally looking on-line I sent my email to a small bookshop which was said to sell it, asking them to send it on to Michel Semat. The shop contacted me to say that he wanted to deliver me a copy and yesterday he turned up on my doorstep.

The book is just gorgeous, and I know very many of the places illustrated. He was very gratified that I had gone to such trouble to track down the book, and this was the only copy left of the 1,000 printed 18 months ago. I really think it should be reprinted but he said the publishers thought it would not stand a second edition. I only thought at the last minute to ask him to sign it. I'll be bringing it back with me so, if any of you are interested, let me know and I'll lend it to you.

2 comments:

geoff said...

Scenery looks good.

Unknown said...

I wish I could show you, Geoff. It is so beautiful round here.