Welcome

This is how to keep up in touch with me when I'm on my travels. Hope you like it - please give me feedback as to what you might like to see on it - or not!



Friday 29 October 2010

Donations - thanks to Andy and Ann

Many thanks to Andy and Ann for their kind donations to Practical Action and Samata School.


We've now passed the £200 mark.  I will keep you all informed of how the money is spent at Samata.  The Practical Action contributions I shall hand over in cash in person but I doubt I shall know exactly how it is spent.

Thanks again to everyone - still time to contribute if you wish.

1 comment:

Nanny In Nepal said...

Hi Rosemary - and all your new friends in Kathmandu. So glad you made it out there ok. Reading your blogg makes me smile a lot - it brings back so many memories. I wish I was there with you. It sounds as if they have altered the pattern of events somewhat in terms of your introductions etc. I am so glad to hear that the teachers have been welcoming. I had to smile at the annouoncement of a National Holiday to celebrateEid. I think you will experience a few more "holidays" - they seem to pop up with uncommon frequency. From some of your pics it looks like there are some new buildings at Samata. Have they got their IT room or Science classroom yet? It was good to read that some of our previous volunteer reports have helped you all prepare. I will keep dipping in with envious interest. Keep well and smiling! Lots of love to you all. I am going to pass on your blogg adress to Diane Sharp who worked at Naxal when I was at Samata. I know she will be very interested to read your reports. It is very cold here just now. Lots of ice on the roads and cars first thing in the morning. At least you are not having to battle the Monsoon. Do dry the Singapore Slings - they make the whole world seem right after a hard day. Lots of Love Lin B