Welcome

This is how to keep up in touch with me when I'm on my travels. Hope you like it - please give me feedback as to what you might like to see on it - or not!



Tuesday 7 September 2010

Work in progress

Wow -there's a lot to learn about making/running a blog.  I've been trying to get it ready for viewing before I send email invitations to it.  I've been at it for what seems like hours with very little to show for it.

Jon and I have just been on a Practical Action weekend festival at their HQ near Rugby. We've attended workshops and debates, watched films, eaten good food and talked to hosts of interesting people.

Most people we met try to live their lives leaving as little carbon footprint as possible, so we've come away somewhat chastened.  Must do better.
We made a circuit to take power from a small solar panel to charge a battery, we made a delicious smoothie by pedal-power, we saw a presentation on ropeways in Nepal, watched the Yes Men in the straw-bale cinema powered by solar, learnt an awful lot about human excrement and the social and practical problems associated with it, and joined in a ceilidh on Saturday evening.  What a super weekend - we've come away with so much to think about. (And DO)

The previous weekend we were just back from a week near Whitby spent mostly at the Whitby folk festival. We had the best of the weather by all accounts with very little rain. I did bring back two pretty tired knees though from climbing seemingly endless steps. The folk events were spread through the town and invariably involved huge height differences moving from one to the other.

No comments: