Welcome

This is how to keep up in touch with me when I'm on my travels. Hope you like it - please give me feedback as to what you might like to see on it - or not!



Thursday 30 September 2010

Courge festival

We went to the 12th Courge Festival at the abbey of Villelongue, (having also been to the 9th, 10th and 11th).  It's irresistibly photogenic, given that it gathers producers of gourds and pumpkins and many connected products together in the old, partly restored abbey, the garden of which is dotted with bizarre things like pumpkins on chairs, pumpkins hanging from trees, a telephone box full of logs etc etc. It's quirky, colourful, surreal and fun and I wouldn't miss it for the world.
We ate excellent pumpkin soup with a slice of pumpkin pie and bought a jar of pumpkin jam. Took hundreds of pumpkin pictures too.




This is just a small selection.  There are more here

No comments: