Welcome

This is how to keep up in touch with me when I'm on my travels. Hope you like it - please give me feedback as to what you might like to see on it - or not!



Saturday 25 September 2010

Breakdown update

Well, it seems we have a broken diesel injection pump and the Opel garage in Perpignan want €2,940 to fix it !!!!!

We might be able to get a second-hand one and have it fitted locally but we need to know the exact model and a preliminary search on the Web has been unproductive. However, we've arranged to hire a trailer on Tuesday and a friend from the village is going to tow it behind his 4x4 (the Opel is our only tow vehicle). €140 for the trailer and the same for friend's labour for the day. The insurance will pay for our fuel for the trip but that's it. After this, who knows how we'll get on. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: