Welcome

This is how to keep up in touch with me when I'm on my travels. Hope you like it - please give me feedback as to what you might like to see on it - or not!



Monday 13 December 2010

The Great Knitting Competition

Things are getting a little jumbled timewise but I'm concerned that there will be loads of people tuning in to the blog for the result of the Great Knitting Competition, which is already a week old. Sorry to be so late reporting!




Things were getting pretty tense last Sunday, the day of reckoning, when we gathered at 7 pm in the club lounge for our customary gin and tonics. 

The mufflers (pronounced a la francaise as Mouffleurs) were produced but none of us dared judge so we had to grab the first hapless person to pass in the corridor, one Anthony, organizer of another volunteer group. 



He proved to be a gem. He took his time deliberating, feeling the quality, asking technical questions and eventually giving the required judgement without prompting. It was a draw – Crunchie bars to each of the knitters and a Milky Way for the fearless Anthony. And the contestants remain good friends. 

 

3 comments:

Maryse said...

Where are you now Rosemary? When will you be back to UK - Jon MUST MISS YOU!!!!
Barbara & Chris were with us for 4 days and just left a few days ago for Saskatchewan where Barbara's father lives. They will come and visit us again on their way home. We miss France. We are thinking to go again this year in June and July. Will you and Jon be there?
Maryse & Ken

Maryse said...

We don't see enough pictures of you!

Unknown said...

Hi Maryse and Ken. Nice to hear from you. I'm still in Kathmandu. I've recently been on a field trip with the charity Practical Action - on the blog soon - exploring Kath. further sincer then, next two days trekking and back home on Saturday. And Yes, Jon is missing me, and I'm about ready for home myself. It's been a really great trip altogether.
We will be going to France next May/June. It would be great to see you there again.
Keep in touch.
Re pics of me - that's what happens when you travel alone I guess, and only post photos from your own camera. When I get back all of us volunteers are going to pool our photos so I wil have more with me in then.