Welcome

This is how to keep up in touch with me when I'm on my travels. Hope you like it - please give me feedback as to what you might like to see on it - or not!



Tuesday 14 December 2010

All change

All change

After seeing the other volunteers off at the airport, the transport took me to the International Guesthouse in the heart of Thamel, where I am booked in for the next 10 days. Off to a good start, the room I had seen and reserved yesterday had been given to someone else. I liked it because it looked over the garden, but they could only offer me one in their new block on the street side. Not happy! Finally they allocated me a similar room but it would not be available till lunchtime.
So I thought I'd venture the next thing on my list and go to Practical Action Office by rickshaw. Big mistake! Showed the address, agreed the price 100NR (£1) and set off. Once in the general area he started asking people for directions. Not a good sign. We toured round for almost an hour, well after my appointment time before I got out at the British consul, the third time of passing it. They rang the office who said they would come for me. Then only had to argue with the rickshaw driver who had spent far longer than he expected (whose fault was that I wonder?). My transport turned out to be a motorbike so I fulfilled a second transport wish in one morning. Arranged to be there (PA office) 8.30 next day for three day trip. Very excited!

Got caught up with an Indian wedding on the way back. Started videoing the band and dancers and the relatives invited me to follow and film the religious rituals to be performed around the groom, which I did for about an hour. Pictures on Picasa web – follow link to more photos.

No comments: