Welcome

This is how to keep up in touch with me when I'm on my travels. Hope you like it - please give me feedback as to what you might like to see on it - or not!



Friday 11 May 2012

Back home

We had one of those bizarre experiences in Kuala Lumpur, where we had factored in a 24 hour stopover. In the queue to check in, hot off the flight from Melbourne, I recognised but was unable to place a face further down the counter. When I'd stared long enough he noticed and we realised that we knew each other through singing and he lived in Old, a village about 5 miles from Orton. Quelle coincidence!
We spent the afternoon in KL walking the streets,
taking frequent drink stops, it being warm and incredibly humid. Most impressed by the Petronas Twin Towers,


even more impressive seen illuminated later in the evening.


Anyway, back to our homecoming and an unbelievably cold house. Considering it was spring, not winter, it was strange how very long it took to warm up. We had the heating on throughout that evening and all next day and still had to wear thick sweaters or jackets in the house. I soon got warm in bed the first night but when I turned over in the night the bed was ice-cold everywhere but where I was lying.
What has been amusing is that everyone I've met who has followed the blog has mentioned my being lost at the Octopus. It's like I didn't write anything else. Everyone's shocked or amused at Chris' response (as indeed I was!) but I have to say that you reap what you sow - I was never one to worry about Chris, though you might say he gave me cause on occasion.
Our first week back was hectic with a two day stay in a cottage near Conwy mid week to reunite with 4 school friends, some of whom had not met for 50 years. What a fascinating time that was.


Then at the weekend Jon and I took the grandchildren to Liverpool, staying in the once-grand Adelphi hotel, to see the Giant Spectacular, which was.......spectacular......and gigantic.
Thank goodness I didn't notice any jet-lag or it would have been hard to cope.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:,Kettering,United Kingdom

No comments: