Welcome

This is how to keep up in touch with me when I'm on my travels. Hope you like it - please give me feedback as to what you might like to see on it - or not!



Saturday 8 June 2013

Oh la la! The expense!

While Fredi and Seb were here, when returning one evening we ran into a large road grid which had been left sticking up so that we hit it hard with the front wheel, making a huge hole in the tyre. Job for the blokes, when you've got two of them on hand, so Fredi and I carried on our conversation in the back of the car until the spare wheel was fitted.  When they'd gone back we went to replace the tyre - €97 - and were told we must replace the other front tyre too, as there was too much difference in wear otherwise - €194.  At this point I remembered that there had been an offer on when we bought the originals (which were only necessary because French law requires vehicles to adhere to their original specifications and our van had wider tyres when we bought it). Suddenly found ourselves delighted to be able to claim a reimbursement - 25% of the wrecked tyre price. I've filed the paperwork so if it works out that'll be €170 - only! Thanks very much to the jokers who lifted that grid out and were probable watching when we hit it.

No comments: