Welcome

This is how to keep up in touch with me when I'm on my travels. Hope you like it - please give me feedback as to what you might like to see on it - or not!



Sunday 7 November 2010

Final donations - thanks to all of you

Many thanks to Ann Gilmore, Jenny, Judith, Graham, Dorothy, Alan and Marie, all of whom are either table tennis or badminton players, or both! 


Samata will be grateful to all you sporty folks, and I look forward to telling you how your donations have been spent.


Not long now.  I had a one hour phone conversation today with a school volunteer who returned in mid October.  She loved it and wants to go again next year.  She is a retired teacher but even she found it daunting when faced with a class of 56 children, having an Oxford Reading Scheme book thrust into her hand and asked to condust a lesson, completely unprepared.


Well, at least that has prepared me a little.  I've never taught a class of any size at all, so I shall be preparing an emergency lesson tonight! Leaving on Tuesday afternoon, so I've got tomorrow to label my pictures, prepare my leasson plan, and make sure I have all relevant chargers for phones, computers, cameras etc.


Then the real challenge - make sure Jon has all emergency numbers, not for me, but for computer problems, who to ask about using Skype, how to use the breadmaker, etc etc!

No comments: